Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Publishing Evolution

Publishing Evolution #84: Writer Communities & Author Websites

Have you contacted your favorite authors or gone to their websites? Do you like knowing more or less about them? Search for your favorite author; do they have a website or blog? Can you interact with them via web?

I have not contacted any of them nor have I visited their websites before this exercise. My wife contacted one of them and got an autographed copy for a birthday present for me, though. I do not personally need to know anything about an author to enjoy a book.

Most of my favorite authors did have their own websites. I found it humorous that the Rick Riordan site was blocked from the library as "it may be harmful to your computer".

2.Does the idea of a book being published based on popular vote give you more or less faith in the material?

I think I would have more faith in the material this way as it was popular enough to be rated so highly. Yes the result would be skewed by friends and family, but if the voting numbers are high enough, the popularity vote would diminish. While I still would more than likely not read it, I would purchase a titles like this for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment