Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week #22: Overdrive

I feel kind of guilty doing this one. I would hope that I have a bit of Overdrive knowledge by now as I am the one who orders for it:) But let’s run with this anyway.

First lets compare Overdrive with librivox.
No comparison here. Overdrive has the titles people want to read, while Librivox has public domain titles. Overdrive is also more browsable, has images, and is updated to be more user friendly on a constant basis (but I am not bias).

Next let’s compare Overdrive with Wowio.
Wowio is great looking and has titles not available on Overdrive. they have a great library of comics that you can read for free online, though most you have to purchase if you want to download to your computer. This is ok as, again, you can still read them online for free. I think Wowio and Overdrive can complement each other. However if Overdrive would have those comics, there would again be no comparison (but I am not biased).

Titles to recommend on Overdrive.
I recommend the Percy Jackson downloads. I highly recommend the Bloody jack books also. The reader, katherine Kellgren, does a superb job.

No comments:

Post a Comment